The office of Jon Cruddas MP is excited to announce that one of its star volunteers, Janis Cottee, will be participating in a webinar for Dementia and Older People's Mental Health this upcoming Wednesday, March 15th, 2017 from 12:00 ? 13:00 in honour of World Delirium Day.
Janis, who has gone from strength to strength at Jon's office, has also been invited to speak at numerous public events on the subject of dementia over the last few years ? relaying her own personal story.
Jon Cruddas MP commented: "I am very proud of Janis and so are the team in my office. She has achieved so much over the last few years both in her personal and professional life, I'm encouraging local residents, carers in particular, to sign up to this webinar."
The webinar is free, so if you would like to hear Janis speaking about her experiences as her husband's carer please sign up to the session by clicking HERE
This free webinar will discuss the following topics:
- An introduction to delirium by Dr Rod Kersh, Consultant in Holistic & Person-Centred Medicine for Older People, Doncaster Royal Infirmary
- A carer's perspective and experience of delirium in different care settings by Janis Cottee, former carer of her husband with early onset dementia, supported by tide
- Delirium in a care home setting by Chris North, Dementia Lead, Older People's Mental Health Services, Bradford District Care Foundation NHS Trust
- Management of delirium in primary care by Dr. Sara Humphrey, GP Principle with special interest in care of the elderly and CCG GP lead for Bradford City & Districts Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Identification and management of delirium in an acute hospital setting by Dr Rod Kersh, Consultant in Holistic & Person-Centred Medicine for Older People, Doncaster Royal Infirmary
If you are interested in learning more about this important condition and how you can better identify and care for dementia, please follow the link provided below to register. This is sure to be an informative and enlightening event.
To register please click HERE