Throughout the pandemic Havering based charity Tapestry UK have supported residents in a number of ways. At the height of the first lockdown they provided hundreds of hot meals to the most vulnerable and supported elderly more isolated residents through regular phone calls and virtual catch ups.
As we enter into the second national lockdown Tapestry UK have announced a number of measures to support people living in Havering. These measures include:
- - Increase the number of individuals benefitting from current virtual support companionship/activities/services including those isolated in Care Homes
- - Support the provision of the expected increased demand for hot meals over this period.
- - Identify and make contact with those, that are currently not known to us, that are most at risk of mental and physical health deterioration because of isolation during the winter pandemic focusing on those most at risk such as, those leaving hospital and people from those communities most affected by Covid, such as the local BAME communities
- - Provide personalised packages of support measures to these individuals to protect their physical and mental health and wellbeing during the winter months.
- - Provide personalised/tailored support packages to those totally isolated and at high risk during the Christmas and New Year period, when loneliness and anxiety can become a significant problem.
- - Support family members of those at risk, who are unable to support/see their vulnerable family member because of lockdown restrictions.
- - Support families affected by the financial impact of Covid
It will ensure that the health and wellbeing of the most vulnerable, and at risk, and those recently made vulnerable by the pandemic, are supported through the challenging winter period and continue to live healthy, connected lives in their homes.
To find out more, get support for yourself or a relative/friend please see the Tapestry UK website: https://www.tapestry-uk.org/