Support with water bills

Support with water bills

Jon Cruddas MP has recently been contacted by Citizens Advice regarding WaterSure. Watersure is a scheme which provides help to some individuals with their water bills.

To apply for the scheme, you must be on benefits and need to use a lot of water either for medical reasons or because your household has a certain number of school-age children. You also need to be on a water meter or be waiting to have one installed.

If you get help through the WaterSure scheme, your water bill will be capped. This means you will not pay any more than the average metered bill for the area your water company deals with.

In some cases, your normal metered water bill could be less than your company's WaterSure cap. If this applies to you, you will only be billed for the amount of water you use. You can ask your water company what their cap is if you want to check this before applying.

You can find out if you are eligible and how to apply for the WaterSure scheme here: WaterSure scheme – help with paying water bills - Citizens Advice