Barking and Dagenham College (BDC) will be hosting a skills show experience on the 30th April. If you are between 14 -25 years old and thinking about the next steps into employment or your future career path, this is an event for you.
The free event is linked to The Skills Show which is the nation's largest career and skills event and gives young people from East London a taste of the national event on their doorstep.
When: Wednesday 30 April, 9am ? 7pm
Where: Barking & Dagenham College, Rush Green Campus, Romford, RM7 0XU
The skills show will allows visitors to:
- Try your hand at a range of skills -
over 70+ Have-a-Go sessions on offer
- Hear from employers and experts in a special range of seminars and talks
- Get up-to-the-minute expert careers advice and guidance from the National Careers Service
- Discover the fantastic career opportunities that vocational qualifications and schemes such as Apprenticeships can unlock.
- Watch skilled young professionals in action
- Meet local and national employers
- Attend our jobs fair
Some of the Have-a-Go attractions on offer include:
- Mobile Phones Allowed - Augmented Reality ? bring images to life using your phone
- Pit Stop Challenge ? a timed test to find the quickest wheel change
- The Science of Scents ? Make your own perfume
- Apps Galore! ? how to develop your own app
- Spice Challenge ? Can you identify spices by smell alone?
- CSI Who done it? ? learn how crimes are solved using Crime Scene Investigation and Forensic Science skills
- Chocolate Bridge Challenge ? is it possible to build a strong bridge out of chocolate?
- 3D Printing ? see how this unique and fast way of manufacturing is producing a vast range of goods
- Curl Power Challenge ? Show your GHD curling skills
If you are interested in attending please call 0203 667 0379 to book your place. For more information please visit BDC's website www.barkingdagenhamcollege.ac.uk
Jon Cruddas MP said "Having visited Barking and Dagenham College recently I know that this day will be a complete success and will give many young people a great opportunity to see how they want their careers to progress."