Are you looking for a local event for you and your family this summer? The Family Adventures Fun Day is an event being hosted by Barking and Dagenham Council. The local authority, over the last few years, have run events that celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the borough. The events are designed to celebrate the diversity in the community.
As with other events, the council are urging local families to attend, and meet their neighbours and other residents from all corners of the borough. Previous events such as DAGFEST and the annual Steam and Cider Festival are great opportunities to bring our community closer together, and the council hopes that this will be another huge success.
This event provides several activities and fun for the whole family including:
- A 100 ft. inflatable adventure course
- Fruit Pursuit- an interactive treasure hunt where you can?
- Use a new smartphone app to explore Mayesbrook Park in search for mangos, oranges, apples and other fruits.
- Complete quizzes on healthy lifestyle to win fruit and to unlock the next part of the treasure hunt.
- Several other levels and once all the levels are completed and you have the biggest collection of fruit, then you'll win a prize. A new treasure hunt will be released each week. If all 5 weeks are completed, the prize you could win will be a micro scooter that's worth up to £150. Each route is approximately 1km long and all of it is accessible. If you miss any treasure hunts, then you will have the chance to catch up, but only 1 hunt is released per week.
- Give you and your family the opportunity to be more aware of your health, as this event aims to encourage you and your family to have a healthy lifestyle and to eat healthily.
- Bouncy Castles
- Sumo wrestling
- Bungee run
- Smoothie bikes- bikes you can ride, which can work a smoothie machine to make smoothies. This would be a great opportunity for exercise and to make fruit products in a fun and enjoyable way.
- Healthy lifestyle stalls and information
- Interactive workshops
- Cookery demonstrations- this like the smoothie bikes can give you and your family ways in which you can enjoy making fruit products at home.
- Opportunities to win prizes, as well as during the Fruit Pursuit
Once you're there, you can meet Active Alfie and Healthy Hana, and they'll guide you through this event and help you establish a healthy lifestyle.
The event will take place on Tuesday 1st August from 11am-3pm at Mayesbrook Park, and the Fruit Pursuit event will also take place on Tuesday 1st August from 12pm-2pm at Mayesbrook Park as well.