Due to the heavy rainfall of the past few days the Environment Agency have issued a Flood Warning for River Ingrebourne at Hornchurch. This means that flooding is expected at the River Ingrebourne at Hornchurch including Upminster and Rainham
Residents are strongly urged to take action now and monitor local water levels. Remain safe and be aware of your local surroundings. The Environment Agency have stipulated that they will be closely monitoring the situation throughout the day and have staff available to clear any blockages in the river.
Flood Alerts have also been issued for:
- River Ingrebourne at Harold Park and Hornchurch
- Rivers Beam and Rom
There is likely to be flooding to low lying land and roads close to the river. Flooding from surface water, where water gathers and flows off road surfaces, could also occur. The Environment Agency are closely monitoring the situation and will issue a Flood Warning if property flooding is expected.
You should avoid walking, cycling or driving through flood water.
Full flood warning information for the areas concerned can be found here:
- Flood information for River Ingrebourne at Hornchurch - GOV.UK (flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk)
- Flood information for River Ingrebourne at Harold Park and Hornchurch - GOV.UK (flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk)
- Flood information for Rivers Beam and Rom - GOV.UK (flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk)
Jon Cruddas MP said: "following the issues that residents experienced back in August last year I would urge people to get in touch with the Environment Agency, Havering Council and my office if they have had issues with this week's rain."
For quick information about your area, call Floodline on 0345 988 1188, select option 1 and enter Quickdial number for up-to-date flooding information.
- Quickdial for River Ingrebourne at Hornchurch - 172920
- Quickdial for River Ingrebourne at Harold Park and Hornchurch - 172921
- Quickdial for Rivers Beam and Rom – 172918
Sign up for Flood Warnings at www.gov.uk/sign-up-for-flood-warnings, by calling Floodline on 0345 988 1188, or Type Talk on 0345 602 6340.
Visit the Environment Agency website www.gov.uk/environment-agency which contains details of river level and flooding information.
Residents are also asked to report any flooding in the area to Floodline on 0345 988 1188.