This week Jon Cruddas MP was informed by Citizens Advice Havering about the new ‘Help to Claim' service which CA are now providing. The service helps individuals make a Universal Credit claim.
Through ‘Help to Claim' Citizens Advice Havering can provide people with advice on how to apply for Universal Credit and support them through the application process. The trained advisers can help an individual to:
· Set-up their Universal Credit account
· Complete their claim to-dos
· Verify their identity
· Make sure they are providing the right evidence to the Jobcentre
· Understand what Universal Credit will mean for them
If residents are not sure what help they need they can get in touch with Citizens Advice Havering and the ‘Help to Claim' team will work out what support they need.
Locally the service is available at Citizens Advice Havering in Romford Central Library Monday to Friday 9am-2pm. In addition to this support is available through their free phone line and web chat from 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday
- 0800 144 8 444
- Web chat: www.citizensadvice.org.uk/helptoclaim